Coming soon to a theater near you…
This was no ordinary day in Oakland, California...
"Hey, did you hear? There was an total lunar eclipse last night. I've seen some weird things, man..."
"When even the devil thinks it's too hot to be outside, Doc Halladay dares to go it alone."
"What was that noise? I heard something beyond the outfield wall!"
"It came from over there!"
"A monster is coming! Everybody panic!"
"Take cover! Dive out of the way!"
"Lyle Overbay believes in home runs, not monsters."
"Matt Stairs agrees with Mr. Overbay. Let's play extras!"
"I have a bad feeling about this..."
"Aaaaagh! There it is! A giant glove monster, rising up just beyond the outfield wall!"
"Help! The glove monster ate Dan Johnson!"
"Marco Scutaro stabbed the monster, but it's still alive!"
"Duck, Jason Frasor! The monster is after you!"
"Save us, Jack Hannahan! Save us!"
"The glove monster is slain! All hail the heroes of the day!"
1. If only. We can dream .... can't we?
2. Well great... now I know how The Glove That Ate Oakland ends. Thanks for the spoilers, Ken.
3. Trolling over from the Dodger board--nice slideshow. From the looks of the stands, though, why does it appear like there are only 30 people with you at the game?
4. 3 Two reasons: (1) there weren't that many people there (nowhere near the announced attendance of 20,000), and (2) most of the ones that were there were all congregated in the shady seats, because it was so darn hot in the sun.
5. So this is what that new J.J. Abrams flick is about! Thanks for the update!