Yahoo Sports remodeled their site this morning, and it’s awful. Mostly, I think, because the new background image on is really distracting and annoying. So I decided to zap it. Here’s how I did it, and you can too:
1. Install the Stylebot Chrome extension.
2. Once you install it, you will get a little “CSS” button on your toolbar.
3. Go to a Yahoo Sports web page.
4. Click the Stylebot “CSS” button on your toolbar.
5. Click “Install Style from Social…”
6. It should show “Loading…” for a second, then bring up “Remove background image from Yahoo Sports by kenarneson”.
You should now see a plain gray background instead of the grass field background.
* * *
I wanted to make it a plain white background like it used to be, but the text on the Yahoo Sports site is now mostly white, so that wouldn’t work. So I made it gray.